life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

June 5, 2011

155 - DISTINCT

My trip to the UP brought me much pleasure, adventure and excitement and challenges. The sun was probably a bit brighter than it should have been for waterfalls and yet the air was foggy when it needed to be clear. Yet another trip with perspectives a bit different than expected, challenging yet self fulfilling.

I found the beach where I wanted to try to get the sunset...and yet the cloudy skies just laughed at me. When I first got there, it was not a deserted beach...as the children laughed and played in the water in air much cooler than I would have ventured into water with.

Once they left...I continued trying to get shots of the waterfall and the lake landscapes....wondering if the clouds might break just enough to allow for a magical end of the day. It didn't.

When I finally gave in and decided to head back to the hotel...after all I had had a full day starting at 4:30 am in hopes of catching sunrise, over a hundred miles on the road and another six to ten hiking on trails, climbing hills and rocky ledges and sand dunes. I was exhausted.

I turned and was closing down my tripod when....this face....very distinct face...was smiling at me from the sand. He didn't move. He just grinned and welcomed the snaps coming from my 'looking glass'.

Thank you, sir. G'nite.

(He looks like a mix of George Washington and Fred Flinstone. Hey, I said I was exhausted.)

1 comment:

  1. I look for pictures and faces in the clouds all the time. Finding them in the sand wouldn't be that big a stretch - this one reminds me of the Easter Island statute that's in the movie Night at the Museum. The one that keeps calling the night guard "dum-dum".

    ReplyDelete