life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

May 23, 2011

142 - GRACE

She was wandering down the gravel road as I slowly passed through. She realized I was coming closer and moved with grace across the road, out of the way of the big black round rubber things coming her direction. I crept slowly closer in hopes I wouldn't scare her totally away and also because I knew that more than likely somewhere on the edge of this gravel pathway, there was probably a barren nest with eggs, camoflauged as rocks.

She scurried gracefully a little bit more, trying to get behind the very short, dried up blades of vegetation that were on the sidelines...hoping that she also would be camoflauged from site. I was blessed enough to have been able to quietly roll down my window and snap some good shots of her using my car door as a support.

I drove off slowly, praying that the nest was out of harms way, and she scurried with grace back to her nesting position, watching the black round rubber things roll away.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! When the beagle was a baby, I was walking him along the Missouri River and a killdeer starting emitting a distress call and walked ahead of him, hunched over and dragging its wing on the ground.

    He was so surprised when he ran up to it and it flew away on him! I couldn't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete