life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

May 22, 2011

141 - PACE

As I headed north for my 'get away' photography weekend, this dam caught my eyes...as I sped by. I thought about turning around but didn't, thinking I would stop on my way back. Luckily there was a car parked on the side of the road on my return trip and I remembered to stop as it was positioned in a manner that I would have looked at the river on the right side and not noticed this on the left side.

I don't know what captured my attention more, the beautiful rusty colors of the dam itself or the fast pace of the water flowing through it. I got down below the bridge to snap shots and realized that it didn't really seem the water was flowing at as fast a pace as I had thought but the downward flow created this awesome flurry of water gyrations that it seemed it was extremely fast. It was mesmerizing and magical. I sat for quite some time watching it and listening to it as it seemed to drown out all other sounds around. Even the passing by cars.



No comments:

Post a Comment