life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

May 24, 2011

143 - RIVAL

Along the great shores of Lake Superior are sand dunes. Huge sand dunes that used to be used for sliding logs down in the days of logging. I am sure many of these have been repositioned, rebuilt, reshaped with the winds of the lake frequenting the shoreline.

As I hiked along these areas looking for photo ops, I was in awe of how the pine trees were trying to encroach on to the sandy dunes, yet allowing the sand to spill over into the forest grounds. Amidst these dunes, just on the edge of the forest, a rival between vegetation and sand continues on. I found these flowers trying so desperately to be the winner of this fight. Showing their strength and determination.

With sand all around, I took my over shirt off to lay my camera equipment on, laid low to the ground and snapped this shot with my macro lense, amazed at the assumed to be brown/tan sand pebbles which turned out have a wonderful pallete of diversified colors.

Living together in harmony. Nature. What an amazing role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment