life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

May 11, 2011

130 - CRITICIZED

I am criticized on my photography on almost a daily basis....by myself. Of course, we are our own worst critic. I do happen upon a picture here and there...more often than not, atleast one per day from a photo excursion...that I am really impressed with. (Pat myself on the back, something which I have a difficult time doing.)

So I joined a photography club where we share pictures at each meeting and critique them, yet, I still have not been brave enough to actually bring in any of my pics. I was with another group though of photographers that I don't know much at all. A group that only meets a few times a year and some were from all over the state and/or Midwest and I suppose I won't see them much if at all again. I shared some of my pics. I received lots of 'atta girls'. They criticized in a good way. Okay, I guess that is more critiquing than criticizing.

It has given me a new 'light' to follow. A new bounce to my step, if only for a few days. I think I'll share some of the same set of pics with my regular group to see if there is a common agreement that maybe, just maybe, there is some hope to maintaining that bounce to my step for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment