life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

June 3, 2011

153 - HEALTH

I believe every one has their own 'antidotes' for sickness, their own traditions for maintaining health from day to day...whether it be physical or mental health. Or not...for those that just can't get it and continue to drive themselves into the ground insisting that bad habits of smoking and excessive drinking and poor eating habits, lack of exercise have nothing to do with the way they feel.

I try to eat healthy on a daily basis. I work out atleast four days a week even if it means just walking for 45 minutes at lunch when the weather cooperates. This in itself helps maintain my mental health and allows me to get out and away from the main stress in my life.

On those really, really bad days...and even on many good days, my photography, bird watching and/or hiking relieves all of it. It takes me to another world that I enjoy extremely. I have a favorite marsh area in which I have discovered some new areas this year where, well, birds can be birds...and can sit close enough and quietly enough and watch for pretty much as long as I need.

It brings peace to an otherwise disruptive day.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post. I felt really relaxed after reading it and enjoying your healthy actions along with you.

    ReplyDelete