life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

May 3, 2011

122 - BYE



As we say bye to winter in the Midwest....I have a lot of mixed feelings. Oh, yes, I am glad to see the short, dark days and the below freezing temperatures disappear, yet I remember my new found love of actually getting out and taking photos while the snow is falling. I discovered the actual true meaning of the magic of snow as I viewed it behind 'my looking glass'.



Yet, I know what follows. The little surprises of spring. Tulips, daffodils, apple blossoms. In my yard, one of the first things to follow the tulips as we say bye to winter are the columbines. A flower that during my years in Texas didn't seem to show its face until a bit later in spring, early summer and almost always had to grow in shade.

This one pops up naturally in my yard, although I am sure it was planted there at some time by a previous resident. Now it has naturalized and reseeds abundantly blessing me with its double blossom in peachy, pink shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment