life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

May 1, 2011

120 - GOOD

The weekend weather was GOOD, outside of some very gusty winds. Even Saturday turned out to be a wonderful day to get outside and begin reorganizing things in the garage, pulling things back out into the yard, listening and watching birds migrating through.
There are a couple local, smaller, unique plant nurseries I love to frequent that carry less familiar plants; plants that are more perennial and native to the area. In addition, they have some neat 'yard art - something that I believe shouldn't be over done in the yard but just enough to add some character and interest to the entire flow of things.
What with the onset of spring being a bit late this year and having started out a bit cooler than usual, it is difficult to find much of any kind of perennial color right now. As I've still been in a bit of personal confusion with the status of possibly selling my house, another fall has gone by without me increasing the amount of spring bulbs that are planted throughout my current 'limited' flower garden. Today...walking through the yard, I regret that ...for yet another spring.
On my visit this afternoon to one of the nurseries, I found this green milk can. Perfect. Color for a spring garden much in need of some interest. In addition, I located some of my smaller flower pots that I also purchased a few years ago to add some interest in the yard. These also are of a variety of colors.
Voila...a slightly drab garden area brightened with some spring colors. It's good. It's all good.
In the back of my mind, mental note has been made that there are two more colorful milk cans still remaining...atleast when I left there...that I am pretty sure has my name written on them...in addition to a really neat, large sized, wooden chair.

1 comment:

  1. I love your stories - I feel like I'm sitting at the table with you, sipping tea, and just visiting.

    ReplyDelete