life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

April 27, 2011

116 - DECLINE

I am south for a few days...enjoying some warmer weather. There is a state park here that is one of my most favorite to enjoy. Filled with alligators and birds of all kinds...particularly water birds. Unfortunately, over the years, as any where else, the population continues to decline, much to my dislike because birds are one of those passions of mine that I continuously try to keep up with. One of those things about Texas that I truly miss. Fortunately, despite the decline of others, or maybe the weather has just deferred their migration elsewhere this year (not a single spoonbill sited this day) the Yellow Crown Night Heron is still abundant enough to capture it in many locations and activities throughout the park. It has always been one of my favorite, possibly due to the wildlife rehabbing I did at one point in time or maybe just because it was so abundant when I lived with a water area in my backyard for many years which allowed me to really get acquainted with its personality.

1 comment:

  1. I was pleasantly surprised to see an egret rookery in the James River with as busy as downtown is there. Most days, I also see two blue herons flying from the river to north somewhere. They fly in-between all the tall buildings with those giant wings.

    Nancy
    http://dogear6.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete