life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

March 26, 2011

84 - CHUCK

I rounded the corner of the trail not sure where it was leading me since it was the first time we had actually been able to completely discover this new found natural area. Lexi somewhere ahead of me. I knew she couldn't be far because she normally will not go far ahead of me. She scouts out ahead of me and circles around, running, panting, laughing, excited to be able to explore a new trail with me...and then she normally circles back...looking at me like I should be walking faster in order to keep up with her. This time I found her searching through the brush on the side of the trail. Tail wagging...but cautious. Thoughts of racoon...or possibly even Mr. Smelly Cat crossed my mind....knowing it was a bit early for them to be out searching for dinner....cautiously realizing....unless they were rabid. A chance we take on these explorations of ours. As I neared where she searched, I saw something scamper up the tree. Thinking it was just a squirrel, I circled around to look for it, loving to chatter back at them to let them know all is okay...to find....Chuck. Just Mr. Chuck. Mr. Chuck...to my amazement. Mr. Chuck....as he froze on the tree in hopes that we wouldn't see him...allowing me to capture a profile picture of him. Ah...Mr. Chuck...thank you. You made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment