life, thousand, curve, crystal, mainstream, cow, kitchen, cross, fence, note, underneath, pair, rusty, blanket, south, fluid, five, natural, consistency, painted, stun, distress, signal, detailed, wind, graphite, cuddle.....

March 3, 2011

60 One - TAILOR

Every day...five days....sometimes six days a week, I feel I have to tailor my personal life, my needs, around this....this pile. For seven years now, I've been over worked...and yes, more than likely, underpaid. A beginning company I came to with a challenge of being a one woman office...in addition to one so called sales person. For four years, it pretty much stayed that way as we struggled with competition, poor management decisions. Me...feeling like I had to hold it all together. Initially, I loved the challenge. As more and more responsibility was poured on with less and less respect for my time, for me as a person...the challenge changed to dread and drudgery. The hate of Sundays. The exhaustion. Cancelling and tailoring of my personal schedule thus allowing this place to be a priority that shouldn't have been.

A few additional people have been added but none have removed my initial responsibilities. Of course, business has very slowly...kept going. One quarter up. The next year down. Installation of production facililities adding on a bit more ....piles of paper. More corporate people in and out. Less and less notice of the exhaustion and work that I have contributed. More tears. More feelings of being...just a woman. A superwoman with lost powers.

Finally a little light at the end of the tunnel with hiring of an accountant. Just enough light to make the shoulders feel just a bit lighter. Unfortunately...probably....a day late and an exhausted lady with...well, go figure, a poor moral.

Just. More. Decisions. To be made.
But...looking very forward to a little light........

1 comment:

  1. Really good - thanks for taking time to write up and share! I like them all - your favorite model and the owing were great as well.

    Nancy
    http://dogear6.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete